(Feb 22: Added official details about Pep Rally in Seattle and Selection Show watch party @ MKA)
With Pac-12 tournament tickets now being offered by the Athletic Department, here's some information I put together about post season play. I hope it's helpful.
-- Carol James
- When -- Thursday, March 1 thru Sunday, March 4
- Where -- Key Arena, Seattle, Washington. (Near Space Needle)
- Cost -- General Admission for 6 session package $90. Reserved for all sessions starting at $115. Single game tickets starting at $15 a session. Best if you order general admission packages thru the UofO ticket office as theses will allow you to sit behind the Duck bench for their games. For reserve tickets or disabled seating arrangements, call 1-855-MYPAC12 (697-2212). You will be transferred to a very helpful Seattle Storm ticket office representative.
- Tournament Details: The Pac 12 tournament is a four day event, 6 session event held at Key Arena on March 1 – 4. Teams finishing conference play ranked 5 thru 12 play an elimination game on Thursday, March 1. These games are played in two double header sessions with the first game in each session starting at 11:30 am and 6:30 pm, respectively. The winners of these games play against the top four conference finishers on Friday, March 2 in two sessions timed similarly to the Thursday sessions. The winners proceed to the semi finals on Saturday. The first on the semifinals begins at 6:00 pm. Sunday's final is scheduled for 6:00 pm. When known, the brackets will be on Pac-12.com.
- TV: The final will be on ESPN2. All other games will be televised on Pac-12 Network.
- Lodging: Key Arena is on the west side of the Seattle Center. There are many hotels and motels within walking distance, ranging in price from $89 /night to $400 /night, depending on what's going on in town. The Seattle Center is a monorail ride from downtown, with many of the national chain hotels with rooms from $190 to whatever you want to pay per night.
- Additional tidbit: The men's team will be playing the Huskies in Seattle on Saturday, March 3, 1:30PM PT Tipoff.
- Opportunity to Volunteer: (A Note from FBC's Hally McCabe) If you have the time and want to volunteer it's a great way to see behind the scenes at the Pac-12 tournament. Please contact FBC's Hally McCabe right away if you have questions or want to volunteer. 541-913-0933
- There is a UO Alumni Association Pep Rally being planned in Seattle. March 3rd @ 2-5PM. Official details can be found here, on the event's web page
- For the women, the preliminary rounds of the NCAA tournament are played on the home courts of the top 16 teams in the tournament. This means that Oregon could be hosting games the weekend of March 15 -17.
- NCAA Regionals. The 2018 regionals will be held March 23 -26 in Albany, New York; Kansas City, Missouri; Lexington, Kentucky; and Spokane, Washington. The Spokane Regional will be held at Veterans Memorial Arena. Tickets do not appear to be available yet. For the Spokane location, major hotels chains like Marriott are located close nearby (but not within walking distance per the map).
- Final Four. Final Four for the women will be held March 30 - April 1 at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.
- The NCAA Tournament Selection show is March 12th @ 4pm. Oregon WBB has announced a selection show watch-party open to the public @ Matthew Knight Arena! Be there!